A strong researcher and writer, Claire brings a high level of attention to detail and thoroughness to the business litigation, education, and healthcare matters she handles. She brings court, corporate, and law firm perspectives to the role.
While in law school, Claire interned as a law clerk for the Honorable David G. Larimer of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York. With a particular interest in healthcare, she also interned in the General Counsel office of an international biopharmaceutical company where she worked on issues of state and federal corporate compliance, contract management, and data privacy.
Claire earned her J.D. at Boston University School of Law, where she served as Managing Editor for the Boston University American Journal of Law & Medicine, competed in the William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court, and represented the law school at the ABA Regional Client Counseling Competition after being selected from the school’s internal competition. She also served as a Lawyering Fellow for the first year Legal Research & Writing course, as well as a Research Assistant for Professor Katharine Silbaugh, where she researched an article on voting rights.
Claire’s passion for law preceded her law school journey. Before going to law school, she worked as a paralegal at a labor and employment firm, and while in college, worked as both a file clerk at a large multi-state defense firm and an intern at the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office. She was also a Captain of the Mock Trial Team during her undergrad years at Boston University, and after graduating, returned to serve as a coach of the Penfield High School Mock Trial Team that she helped found when she was a student there.
Claire is proficient in French, having minored in it in college, and enjoys skiing, cooking, and traveling with friends in her free time.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2021 (Managing Editor, Boston University American Journal of Law & Medicine)
- Boston University, B.A., Philosophy, 2017
Admissions to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts of New York (All Districts)
- New York State Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section)
- Monroe County Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section)
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
Presentations & PUBLICATIONS
- “‘You Gotta Have Faith’: Practical Guidance for Handling University Student Requests for Religious Exemptions in New York”. New York Law Journal, December 10, 2021