Ben provides clients with tenacious, practical, and effective representation in civil litigation matters. His pragmatic approach to advocacy leads to results both in the courtroom and at the settlement table. He has successfully defended clients against claims involving alleged defects in household appliances and industrial equipment, negligence in bars, hotels, restaurants, and retail stores, breaches of commercial agreements, and exposure to environmental toxins.
Prior to joining Ward Greenberg, Ben clerked for the Honorable Richard S. Hoffman of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. During his time at Rutgers Law School, he was named Champion and Best Orator of the Honorable James Hunter III Moot Court Competition, presented with multiple Best Brief awards for his legal writing acumen, and appointed to serve as Lead Articles Editor for the Rutgers University Law Review.
Ben is a proud native of Cleveland, Ohio. In his free time, he enjoys traveling the world, cheering for (and usually being disappointed by) Cleveland’s sports teams, and, most importantly, spending time with his growing family.
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- University of Mount Union, B.A., cum laude, 2012
Admissions to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania (All Districts)
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
– Case Summaries Editor, Civil Litigation Section Newsletter
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
– Member, Amicus Committee
- Philadelphia Defense Institute
– Member, Product Liability Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Presentations & PUBLICATIONS
- "In Cautionary Tale to Nursing Homes, Superior Court Finds Arbitration Agreement Unconscionable." Pennsylvania Bar News, Dec. 5, 2022.
- "Pa. Jurisdiction Ruling is Good News for Out-Of-State Cos." Law360, Jan. 2022.
- "Supreme Court Declares Pa.'s 'Consent by Registration' Statute Unconstitutional," Pennsylvania Bar Association Civil Litigation Update, Winter 2022.
- "Supreme Court Opens Door for Enterprise Liability in Pa.," Pennsylvania Bar Association Civil Litigation Update, Fall 2021.
- "Ambiguous Verdict Concerning Vicarious Liability Construed by Superior Court to Bring Employer Over Joint and Several Threshold; Scope of Fair Share Act Considered." Pennsylvania Bar Association Civil Litigation Update, Summer 2021.
- "Online Marketplaces Dodge Strict Liability in Amazon Case." Law360, Nov. 2020.
- Product Liability Desk Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium. Wolters Kluwer. (Pennsylvania Contributing Editor)
- “Special Laws, Court-Access, and the Impact of Tort Reform on State Equal Protection Principles.” Rutgers University Law Review, Vol. 67, Summer 2015.
- Selected to Super Lawyers®: Rising Stars
– Civil Litigation - Defense
- Selected to Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch
– Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
– Product Liability Litigation - Defendants