Ben devotes his practice to providing clients with proactive, practical, and effective representation in civil litigation matters. His acumen for investigation, research, and advocacy leads to results both in the courtroom and at the settlement table. He has developed and implemented winning strategies in cases involving alleged defects in household and industrial appliances, negligence in bars, hotels, restaurants, and retail stores, breaches of commercial agreements, exposure to toxic chemicals, and infringement of patent and trademark rights.
Prior to joining Ward Greenberg, Ben clerked for the Honorable Richard S. Hoffman of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, where he supported the administration of justice in spheres of critical importance such as public access to government records and municipal zoning rights. During his time at Rutgers Law School, Ben received “Best Brief” accolades for his legal writing acumen, served as Lead Articles Editor for the Rutgers University Law Review, and was named Champion and “Best Orator” of the Honorable James Hunter III Moot Court Competition.
Ben is a proud native of Cleveland, Ohio. In his free time, he enjoys traveling the world, cheering for the Browns, Cavs, and Indians, and taking walks with his wife and dog.
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- University of Mount Union, B.A., cum laude, 2012
Admissions to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania (Eastern)
- U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania (Middle)
- U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania (Western)
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
– Case Summaries Editor, Civil Litigation Section Newsletter
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
– Member, Amicus Committee
- Philadelphia Defense Institute
– Member, Product Liability Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Presentations & PUBLICATIONS
- "Online Marketplaces Dodge Strict Liability in Amazon Case." Law360, Nov 2020.
- Product Liability Desk Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium. Wolters Kluwer. (Pennsylvania Contributing Editor)
- “Special Laws, Court-Access, and the Impact of Tort Reform on State Equal Protection Principles.” Rutgers University Law Review, vol. 67.
- Selected to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®
– Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
– Product Liability Litigation - Defendants