Legal Nurse Consultant
As an experienced legal nurse consultant and registered professional nurse, Ann assists the firm’s attorneys in gaining an understanding of the medical facts and issues in a case. Her experience and expertise allow for a thorough, yet focused and cost-effective work up of cases. She is principally involved in personal injury and medical malpractice cases.
When assisting on a case, Ann obtains, analyzes, and summarizes medical records and other documents; reviews and integrates pertinent medical literature; interfaces with various parties including health care providers, clients, opposing counsel, and experts; and supports deposition and trial preparation.
Ann specialized clinically in emergency nursing and was previously certified in emergency nursing and advanced cardiac life support. She volunteered as an emergency medical technician and ambulance crew chief. She subsequently served as Director of Nursing for a federally funded not-for-profit organization operating two urban community health centers in Rochester. Her many responsibilities there included quality assurance, risk management, grant writing, administering the employee health program and HIV prevention/treatment program, and involvement in several community-wide health initiatives. Ann enjoys spending time with family, gardening, hiking, and camping, and she is actively involved at her church.
Education & Licensure
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.S. Nursing, 1988
- Certificate in Human Services and Society
- Licensed to practice nursing in New York State
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Rochester Legal Nurses Network
– Founding member and past officer
Presentations & PUBLICATIONS
- Ann has presented on topics such as cocaine in the emergency setting, resuscitation in the primary care setting, the Americans with Disabilities Act, liability issues for occupational health nurses, and the role of the legal nurse consultant.
- “Dealing with Conflict." The Journal of Legal Nurse Consulting, vol. 6, no. 1, 1995.