Amanda counsels and represents corporations, educational institutions, and individuals in business and commercial disputes, insurance recoveries, and employment/discrimination matters. Her commercial litigation experience includes breach of contract and business torts, including trade secret misappropriation. Her insurance recovery and counseling experience covers a broad range of insurance, risk transfer, and risk management issues. She also has experience investigating allegations of harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct, and defending institutions in proceedings before the New York State Division of Human Rights.
Before joining Ward Greenberg, Amanda practiced with a local firm where she gained extensive experience defending matters involving premises liability, product liability, and New York Labor Laws. She obtained summary judgments in favor of premise owners based on the storm-in-progress defense, and achieved defense verdicts for local corporations in premises liability and strict product liability claims.
While attending law school, Amanda interned as a law clerk for the Honorable Michael A. Telesca of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York and served as a volunteer tutor for Lawyers for Learning. During her free time, Amanda enjoys cycling and skiing.
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., 2011
– Casenote and Publications Editor, Buffalo Public Interest Law Journal
- University of Rochester, B.A. Political Science, 2007
Admissions to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court of New York (Western)
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Legal Assistance of Western New York (LawNY)
– Member, Board of Directors
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
Presentations & PUBLICATIONS
- The Daily Record, Up & Coming Attorney, 2018