Amanda counsels and represents corporations, educational institutions, and individuals in business and commercial disputes, insurance recoveries, and employment/discrimination matters. Her commercial litigation experience includes breach of contract and business torts, including trade secret misappropriation. Her insurance recovery and counseling experience covers a broad range of insurance, risk transfer, and risk management issues. She also has experience investigating allegations of harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct, and defending institutions in proceedings before the New York State Division of Human Rights.
Before joining Ward Greenberg, Amanda practiced with a local firm where she gained extensive experience defending matters involving premises liability, product liability, and New York Labor Laws. She obtained summary judgments in favor of premise owners based on the storm-in-progress defense, and achieved defense verdicts for local corporations in premises liability and strict product liability claims.
While attending law school, Amanda interned as a law clerk for the Honorable Michael A. Telesca of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York and served as a volunteer tutor for Lawyers for Learning. During her free time, Amanda enjoys cycling and skiing.
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., 2011
– Casenote and Publications Editor, Buffalo Public Interest Law Journal
- University of Rochester, B.A. Political Science, 2007
Admissions to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court of New York (Western)
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (2nd Circuit)
- New York State Bar Association
– Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Legal Assistance of Western New York (LawNY)
– Member, Board of Directors
– Secretary/Treasurer of the Board (5/2022 through 5/2023)
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
Presentations & PUBLICATIONS
- "An Ounce of Prevention: Legal Guidance for a New Era." Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce Chamber Counsel webinar, September 14, 2021.
- "Key Steps to Improve Insurance Recovery for Pandemic Related Losses." Ward Greenberg Legal Update, April 2020.
- "Protect Your Insurance Coverage for Fraudulent Claims While Employees Work Remotely." Ward Greenberg Legal Update, April 2020.
- “Be Your Own In-House Counsel: Think Like a Lawyer.” Small Business Council of Rochester, October 11, 2019.
- "Insurance Coverage Update 2019." New York State Bar Association, May 17, 2019.
- Forty Under 40 Honoree, Rochester Business Journal, 2021
- Honorable Judith S. Kaye Scholarship, NYSBA Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, 2021
- Up & Coming Attorney, The Daily Record, 2018
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America®
– Insurance Law
– Litigation - Labor and Employment
– Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Selected to New York Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
– Member, Board of Directors