Ward Greenberg is seeking a Marketing and Business Development Director to support the marketing and business development efforts of the firm. The director will assist with the development, execution, and administration of a wide range of marketing and business development programs and projects.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have exceptional writing and editing skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, sharp attention to detail, and the ability thrive in a fast-paced environment handling numerous projects and deadlines. The director will build tools to address firm visibility and brand awareness, engagement and education of the target audience, lead conversion, and client retention.
- Conduct individual coaching sessions with attorneys to assist with the implementation of business development strategies. Support attorney business development goals and monitor progress.
- Use content management system to maintain firm website, including updating attorney biographies, news and events items, homepage content, and practice area descriptions.
- Responsible for developing and managing annual marketing budget in coordination with the firm Marketing Committee.
- Provide semi-annual reports to firm Marketing Committee tracking data related to return on investment and other key marketing metrics.
- Manage all aspects of social media (LinkedIn,Twitter) for the firm. Use social media content calendar to maintain consistent posts.
- Identify focused thought leadership opportunities for attorneys, including speaking engagements and publications. Assist in development of legal updates to enhance content marketing strategy.
- Develop marketing materials and create sponsorship advertisements for the firm.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and marketing research in preparation for client and prospect meetings, pitches/proposals, and other business development initiatives.
- Assemble marketing collateral and prepare PowerPoint presentations for client and prospect meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of responses to RFPs.
- Write and edit outward facing communications, including but not limited to press releases, website, and social media pages.
- Assist with the coordination of firm events, speaking engagements, CLEs, and webinars.
- Submit award applications, including Chambers USA, U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”, and various local recognitions.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing/communications in a professional services environment. Prior law firm experience preferred.
- Strong writing, proofing and editing ability, and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects and assignments in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with social media platforms, including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands.
- Demonstrated capabilities to handle tight deadlines, shifting priorities, and the ability to find creative solutions.
- Team player, willing to contribute whenever needed to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Webflow, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign a plus.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability, life insurance, and paid vacation time. A competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Merit based bonuses also available.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Cheryl Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.