Ward Greenberg’s Tax Assessment and Eminent Domain group delivers experienced counsel to owners of commercial projects and undeveloped parcels facing tax assessment litigation, eminent domain matters, and condemnation proceedings. We appear before administrative bodies and in trial courts throughout New York State on behalf of owners seeking reduced assessments on undeveloped land, office buildings and parks, commercial and industrial buildings, hotels and motels, and apartment projects.
While we have achieved success in the courtroom, we also strive to negotiate settlements by working closely with our clients’ appraisers, engineers, and accountants to develop alternative strategies. In every case, we commit to advancing our client’s interests – seeking to preserve a property’s investment prospects, rate of return, and marketability while minimizing litigation costs and maintaining cordial relationships with all parties.
- Representing owner of a major Rochester hotel in real estate valuation proceeding to lower assessed value and obtain a tax refund.
- Successfully tried to verdict a tax certiorari matter involving owner of three commercial properties located in same municipality, with owner obtaining substantial tax relief.
- Representing owners of large commercial real estate properties in negotiating reduced tax assessments, resulting in tax refunds and future tax savings.
- Successfully tried to verdict a tax certiorari matter involving owner of large apartment complex.
- Representing commercial property owner in successfully challenging attempted condemnation under New York’s Eminent Domain Procedure Law.