Ward Greenberg’s Professional Liability group has successfully represented accountants, architects, investment advisors, attorneys, and other professionals in cases alleging conflicts of interest, ethical violations, breaches of fiduciary duty, fraudulent billing practices, misrepresentation, and negligent rendition of professional services. Professional clients enduring the ordeal of a malpractice case look to Ward Greenberg for experienced, discreet representation and a swift resolution that safeguards their reputation and livelihood.
Cognizant of the fear, anger, urgency, and financial anxiety that such cases typically generate, we move quickly to reassure our clients and to restore their sense of control. We manage each case efficiently, keeping our clients fully informed, and encouraging them to participate in decisions and help shape the strategies most likely to preserve their standing. We strive to dispose of cases early through motion practice. We also often recommend mediation or arbitration with the goal of achieving prompt, satisfactory resolution as quietly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Defending several national accounting firms in actions alleging economic damages resulting from negligently conducted audits.
- Defending attorneys against legal malpractice claims arising from disposition of business and resulting tax liabilities.
- Defending architect in malpractice claim brought by prior architect on construction project.
- Defending law firm against claims of overcharging and breach of legal and fiduciary duties arising from real estate transaction.
- Defending corporate attorney against claims for breach of fiduciary duty and conflict of interest for encouraging client to invest in failed corporate venture.