Ward Greenberg’s Intellectual Property group handles an array of intellectual property disputes, including patent, copyright, and trademark infringement cases, and trade secret and unfair competition matters. We understand that a company’s intellectual property is one of its most essential assets, and we work closely with our clients to protect and preserve their rights in that intellectual property. Our attorneys have the litigation judgment and trial experience necessary to protect our clients’ IP rights, whether, for example, defending them against assertions of non-practicing entities or enforcing their rights against others encroaching upon them.
In patent infringement matters, we also routinely collaborate with patent lawyers in other firms – big and small – to form a highly skilled and cost-effective trial team. On the “soft IP” side, we have found success for our clients in both the prosecution and defense of copyright and trademark infringement actions, in matters involving such diverse issues as fair use, substantial similarity infringement, and counterfeiting.
- Representing multinational company in patent ownership and infringement dispute spread over several jurisdictions concerning digital camera technology.
- Defending industry leader in several patent infringement actions related to printing technology.
- Defending client against multijurisdictional copyright infringement claims related to the porting of software files from UNIX to Windows environment.
- Defending hotel owner against injunction application in multi-party trademark and trade name infringement claim by competing national franchise.
- Representing Fortune 100 company in multijurisdictional claims alleging theft of trade secrets and violations of restrictive covenants.