Ward Greenberg’s experienced Insurance Recovery and Counseling group efficiently and effectively resolves complex coverage disputes for our clients, secures carrier participation in defense and settlement of claims, and maximizes insurance recoveries. We successfully handle high-stakes insurance coverage litigation and related bankruptcy proceedings, and have represented clients in sophisticated mediations and litigations in state and federal courts nationwide. Clients seek our guidance when an insurance company has denied them coverage, reserved its rights, or refused to take a position on a claim. Clients also turn to us when facing a lawsuit, or when considering taking their own legal action.
We proactively counsel clients on insurance-related issues, including analyzing coverage for claims, evaluating corporate insurance programs and policies for potential coverage gaps, tailoring insurance programs to meet clients' unique risks, negotiating favorable policy wording, and drafting contractual indemnity and insurance requirements. Our experience includes all lines and types of coverage, including general liability, excess/umbrella, professional, pollution, cyber, auto, property, builders risk, employee dishonesty, and wrap-up programs. Our goal is to help clients avoid coverage issues, keep their businesses running smoothly, protect their balance sheets, and minimize administrative burdens, so they can focus on their businesses. We collaborate with risk managers, brokers, in-house counsel, defense counsel, and other stakeholders to tailor solutions to our clients' specific businesses and risks.
- Serving as insurance counsel to a Fortune 500 company in insurance recovery and related Bankruptcy Code Section 524(g) reorganization for asbestos-related claims.
- Preparing proofs of claim and negotiating insurance recoveries in foreign and domestic insolvencies and schemes of arrangement.
- Securing insurance for corporate successor liabilities.
- Prosecuting and defending bad faith and extra-contractual claims.
- Drafting and reviewing contractual indemnity and insurance requirements.
- Drafting policy language.
- Providing claims handling assistance in highly complex, high-stakes litigated matters.
- Rendering coverage opinions and litigating complex coverage issues, including additional insured, advertising injury, construction defect, directors and officers, employment practices, environmental and mass tort, priority of coverage, professional liability, public entity, and workers' compensation issues and disputes.