Ward Greenberg’s Construction group handles the breadth of construction issues and claims. We have successfully litigated construction-related matters on behalf of owners such as a major hotel chain, a public utility, a nursing home, manufacturers, and universities, as well as construction managers, specialty contractors, general contractors, and design and engineering firms. In addition to representing clients in court and in ADR proceedings, our neutral practice includes a substantial amount of construction cases, both mediations and arbitrations. Our experience serving as neutrals gives us valuable insight when it comes to litigating construction-related issues.
We understand the unique issues involved in construction claims and their impact on our clients’ businesses. We also understand that construction is litigation-intensive, and we always strive to help our clients avoid and limit the substantial costs and risks of litigation involving construction projects.
- Pursuing wind uplift claim relating to fully-adhered membrane roof on very large metal warehouse on behalf of construction manager against roofing subcontractor.
- Pursuing claim on behalf of senior living facility arising from spalling and cracking of brick façade.
- Pursuing claim arising from inadequate performance of air pollution control systems for major addition to glass manufacturing facility.
- Defending claim brought by general contractor seeking delay damages and extra work orders arising from concrete work at multifuel power plant at industrial facility.
- Representing architect/engineering firm in defending claim arising from claimed defects in the structural design of a ramp garage facility in northern New York.
- Pursuing to successful resolution on behalf of the owner a $25 million claim involving the defective marble cladding of a high-rise office tower of unique design.
- Bringing claim on behalf of building owner against general contractor and architect for cost to replace office building roof.
- Pursuing claims through trial against contractor arising from series of construction deficiencies in residential construction, including water system, foundation walls, retaining walls, and defective electrical, plumbing, and finish work.