Prepared. Effective. Solution-Driven.
Ward Greenberg offers a client-driven, proactive approach to civil litigation and business counseling. From offices in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware, we achieve practical solutions in sophisticated matters for businesses, institutions, and professionals across multiple jurisdictions.
We understand our clients’ industries, businesses, resources, and desired outcomes – and deliver consistent and efficient results. Relationships are important to us – not only our relationships with clients, but also with regulators, judges, and opposing counsel, with whom we strive for civil, productive dialogue, while at the same time, zealously advocating for our clients.
Experienced and prepared, Ward Greenberg attorneys confidently manage high-stakes cases, regularly facing off against the country’s largest regional and national firms. We bring deep technical excellence to complex matters, are well-versed in the latest industry development and trends, and can tap into an impressive network of trusted outside experts from around the country for appropriate matters. Our attorneys are involved in prestigious national organizations – such as the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and the American College of Coverage Counsel.
We assess cases early and accurately so our clients are never caught off guard. We can see around corners, evaluating all of our clients’ options, including the potential for prompt alternatives to litigation. We collaborate with clients on strategies – whether litigation, arbitration, or settlement – that best serve their objectives.
At Ward Greenberg, we are devoted to cultivating diversity of thought and analysis – every day, in every matter. As we grow more diverse and inclusive, we achieve better solutions for our sophisticated clients, we help our team members develop more fully, and we thrive as a firm.
Diversity and inclusion
At Ward Greenberg, we believe that there is value in difference.
We are devoted to cultivating diversity of thought and analysis, because as we grow more diverse and inclusive, we achieve better solutions for our clients. Therefore, we continually seek attorneys with a broad cross-section of backgrounds and ideas.
This process begins at the recruitment stage. Ward Greenberg invites first-year law students to participate in our Diversity Scholar Program. Under this initiative, successful Scholars have the opportunity to perform meaningful work with our attorneys and establish close relationships with our clients. By the time a Scholar joins the firm as a full-time attorney, he or she is positioned for a successful future with the firm.
In the case of lateral attorneys, we seek candidates who demonstrate academic and leadership achievements, who want to practice at a sophisticated litigation firm, and who can articulate how their uniqueness – however they define it – will advance our diversity and inclusion objectives.
Our values carry over from recruitment to the very operation of the firm. Ward Greenberg seeks out and partners with clients whose corporate cultures demand legal teams that embrace and implement like-minded inclusion commitments. When making assignments and assembling teams for matters, we involve a cross-section of perspectives and backgrounds to deliver the best service to our clients.
For more information on Ward Greenberg’s diversity and inclusion philosophies and initiatives, please contact Jeffrey Harradine at 585.454.0722.
About Our Diversity Scholar Program
- The deadline has passed for our 2019 Program. The application for 2020 will be released in the fall of 2019.
- Recent News: Ward Greenberg's Diversity Scholar Program Featured in Local and National Publications
- Merriman, Kevin, and Alex Toribio. "Effective Diversity Initiatives: The Case for Collaboration." ACC Docket, vol. 35, no. 8, October 2017.
Ward Greenberg strongly encourages pro bono work and volunteer involvement, as we believe that it is essential to give back to our communities and to help those who otherwise may go unrepresented.
We support the passion of our partners, associates, paralegals, and staff, who hold or have held leadership and membership positions in, among other things:
- Legal advocacy organizations;
- Youth-development, job-training, nutrition, and other human-service organizations;
- Arts, cultural, athletic, and faith-based organizations;
- Higher education institutions and alumni associations; and
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.
We are honored to have had our lawyers recognized for their exceptional service, receiving awards such as the McKnight Award for Exceptional Pro Bono Service and the Brennan Award for work with the Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent.
Ward Greenberg continually seeks outstanding associates – both laterals and new graduates – who are passionate about becoming great lawyers and getting substantive, hands-on experience working on sophisticated matters.
Ward Greenberg looks for associates with strong academic records, law review or moot court experience, evidence of accomplishment and diligence, keen interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to take on responsibility from the start. We believe that associates grow best when they are provided with real, meaningful experience early in their careers - including taking depositions, arguing motions, and participating in hearings, arbitrations, and trials.
Throughout their careers with Ward Greenberg, our associates enjoy exceptional access to partners. We provide in-depth training and mentorship, and ample opportunities to observe and collaborate across practice areas. We enthusiastically support our associates’ career goals, pro bono work, leadership in the legal community, and charitable activities.
Why do associates choose Ward Greenberg and thrive here?
- We offer an established base of high-profile clients.
- Our work spans the breadth of civil litigation areas, providing a stimulating variety of cases.
- Our partners welcome the input of associates and take an avid interest in their career aspirations.
- We encourage increasing levels of autonomy.
- We foster in-depth collaborations and innovative thinking among all our attorneys.
- We model professional, client-centered conduct
in all our interactions with the legal community.
Ward Greenberg also recruits paralegals with outstanding academic records, a solid work ethic, and a strong interest in law. Many of our paralegals have gone on to graduate from some of the country’s top law schools.
- Associate Attorney - Business Litigation & Counseling Group, Rochester, NY
- 7-Eleven, Inc.
- Alesco Advisors
- Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Canisius College
- Carestream Health, Inc.
- Cornell University
- Dave & Buster's Inc.
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Fresenius Medical Care North America
- GE Power
- Graham Corporation
- Howe & Rusling, Inc.
- KinderCare Education, LLC
- Logical Operations, Inc.
- MasTec, Inc.
- Midea America Corporation
- New England Motor Freight
- New York State Electric & Gas Corporation
- Quincy Mutual Group
- RBC Bearings
- Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation
- Ruby Tuesday, Inc.
- Siena College
- Syracuse University
- The Gleason Corporation
- The New School
- United Conveyor Corporation
- United Educators
- United Hebrew Geriatric Center
- University of Rochester
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- Wabash National Corporation
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.