The Ward Greenberg Professional Liability Team defends accountants, architects, investment advisors, attorneys and other professionals involving malpractice claims premised on conflicts of interest, ethical violations, breaches of fiduciary duty, fraudulent billing practices, misrepresentation and negligent rendition of professional services. We are effective and discreet, and we understand the obligation we have to maintain the privacy, personal integrity and reputation of our professional clients. We have had considerable success in disposing of cases early through motion practice, and we often advocate the use of mediation and arbitration, which can be appropriate mechanisms to resolve these cases promptly, satisfactorily and quietly.
Representative engagements include:
- Defending several national accounting firms in actions alleging economic damages resulting from negligently conducted audits.
- Defending attorneys against legal malpractice claims arising from disposition of business and resulting tax liabilities.
- Defending architect in malpractice claim brought by prior architect on construction project.
- Defending corporate investment advisor sued in federal court for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud resulting from losses incurred from ownership of common stock of World Com, AT&T, and Phillip Morris.
- Defending law firm against claims of overcharging and breach of legal and fiduciary duties arising from real estate transaction.
- Defending corporate attorney against claims for breach of fiduciary duty and conflict of interest for encouraging client to invest in failed corporate venture.
- Defending real estate attorney against claims for alleged negligence in failing to advise townhouse developer of proper manner of development.
- Defending architect against claims for failing to provide accurate building cost projection.
- Defending law firm against claims brought by another law firm alleging fraud, misrepresentation and damages for loss of client.