We understand that a company’s intellectual property is one of its most essential assets, and we work closely with our clients to protect and preserve their rights in that intellectual property. We handle an array of intellectual property disputes, including copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and unfair competition matters. In patent infringement matters, we routinely collaborate with independent patent counsel to form a highly skilled and cost-effective trial team. Our seasoned trial attorneys have the litigation judgment and jury experience necessary to protect our clients’ intellectual property rights and to defend their business interests against others’ intellectual property claims.
Representative engagements include:
- Assisting software engineering firm to establish sole ownership rights in software used to integrate digital communications systems into surveillance, command and control, and weapons platforms.
- Litigating multijurisdictional patent ownership and infringement dispute over digital camera technology.
- Representing Fortune 100 company in several multi-jurisdictional claims alleging theft of trade secrets and violations of restrictive covenants.
- Prosecuting patent infringement and trade secret claims in multiple jurisdictions on behalf of multinational corporation.
- Defending client against multijurisdictional copyright infringement claims related to the porting of software files from UNIX to Windows environment.
- Defending hotel owner against injunction application in multi-party trademark and trade name infringement claim by competing national franchise.
- Defending nuclear vessel inspection services company and its employees in action alleging misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of duty of loyalty and breach of restrictive covenant.
- Representing interior and retail design center in trademark infringement action to establish ownership rights in several markets.
- Representing licensor in dispute over royalties owed by licensee under field of use license.