Insurance coverage issues are complex, constantly evolving, and of vital importance to all businesses. Our attorneys are uniquely qualified to advise our clients with respect to the array of coverage issues that arise, whether in the context of commercial, professional or surplus/excess lines policies. They provide detailed coverage analyses, and represent clients in mediations and litigations in state and federal courts across the country.
Our experience includes:
- Serving as national insurance counsel to a Fortune 500 company in insurance recovery and related Bankruptcy Code Section 524(g) reorganization for asbestos-related claims.
- Filing proofs of claim and negotiating insurance recoveries in foreign and domestic insolvencies and schemes of arrangement.
- Securing insurance for corporate successor liabilities.
- Prosecuting and defending bad faith and extra-contractual claims.
- Representing insurers in retrospective and other loss sensitive premium collection matters, and defending against claims alleging damage caused by improper claims handling and claim reserving practices.
- Drafting policy language and providing underwriting advice.
- Providing claims handling assistance in highly complex, high stakes litigated matters.
- Rendering detailed coverage opinions and litigating complex coverage issues, including additional insured, advertising injury, construction defect, directors and officers, employment practices, environmental and mass tort, priority of coverage, professional liability, public entity, and workers compensation issues and disputes.